Volta Investment Day
The Volta Investment Day event on November 15, 2023, at the Volta Armoyan Center, invites ambitious founders from Atlantic Canada to secure investments. Participants can expect 1:1 meetings with potential investors, personalized coaching, and the opportunity to pitch to top-tier investors. Startups must meet certain criteria including being based in Atlantic Canada, having a validated business model, and actively seeking venture capital funding, among others. This event provides a competitive yet lucrative platform for startups to showcase their potential to investors.
Catalyst Award: Genesis
Recognizes an organization that has helped create cohesion and growth in the Atlantic Canadian startup ecosystem. This can include: building relationships between organizations in the ecosystem, supporting growth in the startup community, and reducing or removing barriers to startups' success.
Community Leader Award: Minder Singh
Recognizes a company or Founder directly impacting the growth and development of the technology and innovation ecosystem in Atlantic Canada. They demonstrate dedication to the startup community and give back through the donation of time, mentorship and serving as a resource in a peer-to-peer environment.
Disruptor Award: CapIntel
Recognizes an Atlantic Canadian technology startup that has experienced significant success over the past year. Success can be measured in a number of ways, including; innovative technology, solving a technological need, capturing a new sector or market, disruption of a service or market segment, applications of product or service and traction in, or ability to obtain traction in the international marketplace.
Positive Impact – Individual Award: Shelley Hessian
Recognizes an individual who has developed and implemented solutions for social, cultural or environmental issues that benefit the community at large.
Positive Impact – Company Award: Square Roots
Recognizes a company that has developed and implemented solutions for social, cultural and/or environmental issues that benefit the community at large.
- Location: Must be based in Atlantic Canada.
- Business Model Validation: Demonstrated progress in validating the business model and revenue streams.
- Interest in Raising VC Capital: Actively seeking venture capital funding.
- Financial Projections: Provided financial projections for growth and investment usage.
- MVP/Product in Market: Must have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or a product in the market.
- Brand Building: Initiated brand identity, positioning, and online presence.
- Early Adopter Users/Paying Customers: Ideally have early adopter users or some paying customers.
- Pitch Deck and Pitch Video: Well-prepared pitch deck and pitch video.
- Market Traction: Demonstrated market traction and growth potential.
- Fundraising History: Details of any past fundraising efforts, dilutive and/or non-dilutive.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.