Five Startups Accepted into Volta AI Cohort Two
Five supply chain-focused AI startups founded out of Atlantic Canada have been accepted into the second cohort of the Volta AI program. The Volta AI program provides early-stage supply chain-focused AI companies access to funding and resources to scale, courtesy of Scale AI.
Acuicy, Agyle Intelligence, KorrAI, Picketa Systems and Scient Analytics will each receive up to $14,000 in grants to develop their product and grow their business. Along with funding, the companies will have access to Volta’s co-working space in downtown Halifax where they can connect with a community of visionary tech founders as well as a network of supportive experts and investors in the AI space.
The descriptions for the selected companies are as follows:
- Led by co-founders, Allison Murray and Dawne Skinner, Halifax-based Acuicy leverages the power of business intelligence, climate science, and economics to provide effective decarbonization strategies, taking the guesswork out of clean technology for medium and large businesses, and giving managers a fast and cost-efficient solution to reduce emissions.
- Founded by David McNally, Prince Edward Island-based Agyle Intelligence uses AI and cloud-based servers to deliver a Software as a Service reporting and visualization platform that provides real-time insights, analysis and data correlation for small, medium and large food producers, packers and processors.
- KorrAI is a digital technology company building products for the natural resources and environmental sectors. By combining the power of AI, machine learning, drone surveys, and rapidly evolving satellite data, KorrAI helps mining companies make smarter exploration and extraction decisions using computer vision. Founded by Rahul Anand and Rob McEwen, the startup is based in Halifax.
- Founded by Xavier Hébert-Couturier, Maxime Dumont, Dominic Levesque and Zachary Andersen, the Fredericton, New Brunswick-based Picketa Systems built an AI-driven platform that offers an innovative real-time plant tissue analysis to growers and agri-businesses to conduct nutrient analyses rapidly and independently.
- Halifax-based Scient Analytics uses an integration of deep tech and AI to empower geoscientists and mining businesses, mapping rock features otherwise indistinguishable by the human eye. Founded by Ali Mousadi, the startup provides streamlined identification of minerals and geological features with 1,000 times higher spatial resolution and 60% less operational costs than traditional methods for mining development.
“These five teams couldn't be better examples of the incredibly innovative startups being built here in Atlantic Canada. Through the Volta AI program, the teams are connected to funding, subject matter expert advisors and resources that help them improve their products and compete globally. Volta is very excited to be working with Scale AI to provide this support.” Said Matt Cooper, Volta’s CEO.
Volta AI is supported with funding from Scale AI. A co-investment and innovation hub with government funding matched by contributions from the private sector, Scale AI is Canada’s AI Global Innovation Cluster dedicated to building the next-generation supply chain and boosting industry performance by leveraging AI technologies.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.